December 11, 2009

GlassShattering.

I was watching How I Met Your Mother the other day and they made me realize something completely true, but never had the words to say. This information was like a light bulb in my mind. So here's the deal. You're friends with people and they're totally fine! You don't notice anything about them at all. You think they are PERFECT. Until...Someone else tells you something about them. For example, do you ever notice that (insert person) never stops talking? And in the episode, every time they realize something like that, they make a sound of glass shattering in their head.

I just though it was so funny. And it is completely true. I will never notice something's up with someone until someone else tells me first. Because, then, you can't get that thought of your mind. It sticks with you and you ALWAYS notice it. Then, it starts getting on to your very last nerve. Sooner or later, you have to snip them out of your life. Like the nonstop talking thing. After someone tells you this, you start to notice that you can never get a word in, ever. You try to talk and you figure out that the whole time, the friendship/relationship didn't include you because you never say a word. You're like an accessory. You just hang out and watch.

After that, I was doing some deep thinking. What if nobody ever says anything? The annoyance would only be glass shattering in YOUR head. Then, you don't put that annoyance on anybody else. It's all you. However, what if you really had to know. Like if it affected the rest of your life. Maybe it's better to know? Yet, maybe it's better to keep it to yourself. Honestly, I think most people would just say what they think is annoying. There's probably glass shattering every second right now. But, I think that's okay. Sometimes the glass has to be shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment