December 28, 2009

Music Can Save Your Life

So, I was watching LA Ink today. And Kat Von D was talking about how she went to a concert-type thing and a song totally hit her. She said that she had to fight back tears and all. I realized that music can do that. Music is something so powerful and it could just give you an epiphany or something. A song can change your view on something. It's like a window of emotions and thoughts. It can help you realize that you're doing something wrong or you're doing something right. Music can change a habit or help you turn a new leaf. It can help you get through a hard time in your life, too. Music can do anything.

I think this is part of the reason to why I listen to so many different genres of music. I think that I don't care who the artist is or what genre it is. It could be somebody as disliked as Miley Cyrus. For me, I just listen to the message behind the song and what it means to the artist or how it affects others. I don't care if it IS Miley Cyrus. If it's a song that's empowering and filled with thought or anything like that, I will stick it to my iPod until I just get sick of the song. I have to admit that Miley Cyrus does have some good songs, as well, as any other artist.

Why do people dislike Disney stars so much? I always think that if they weren't from Disney, they'd probably be doing a lot better. I don't understand why people discriminate them so much. It's like they're good, but the second you hear that their from Disney, you like them a little less. Then, the dislike grows and you just don't like them anymore. That starts with the word Disney. It's terrible, but that's just how I see it. I could be wrong.

All in all, music is a very powerful thing and I feel sorry for the people that don't appreciate it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment